When editing a complex document, it is preferable to divide it into chapters and sub-layers, forming a structure that can be regarded as a draft document. The document can be viewed as structured in nine chapter’s successive levels, called Heading 1 to Heading 9.
Draft mode is selected by command Outline View.
An outline is created in two ways:
- Using the outline view mode and work with bar sketch;
- Use Normal mode for viewing and formatting paragraphs in the role of securities used predefined styles Heading 1 through Heading 9.
Creating headers and review:
Header information is repeated at the top of each page.
Summary statement is the information that is repeated at the bottom of each page.
Editing headers and review is in separate windows when working with Normal viewing mode, or directly in the document window when editing the page viewing mode.
Operations for adding headers and review:
1. Select View + Normal.
2. Select View + Header / Footer.
3. Different First Page Headers and active if they want to review different first page or Different Odd and Even Page for page appears / odd.
4. Select from the list Header / Footer option you want.
To see headers and reviews, select the page with the Page Layout command View.
Word for Windows also allows performing the following operations:
- Inserting page numbers;
- Insert date and time;
- Create notes;
- Creating footnotes;
- Edit documents in columns;
- Inserting tables in documents;
- Create and use field codes.
The editor Word for Windows can be made:
- Printed documents and templates;
- Drafting letters and envelopes;
- Assembly of large documents;
- Make drawings, graphics and images inserted in documents.
Accessories Word for Windows:
- Artistic Writing with Word Art;
- MS-Draw Comics;
- Charts with MS-graph;
- Automatic Macros;
- Word Basic language.